You have probably become an uncle for the first time in your life and are looking for toys to give as one of your many gifts for this cute baby. Or you are probably going to buy a gift for your baby niece with your first pay. You must be so excited to enter the toddlers section and buy the best gift for the baby. The gift that the baby is going to love and play with the most. Babies and toddlers love toys, no doubt. The way a baby smiles and plays with a new toy is the cutest and most innocent thing happening in the world. In the same way, giving new toys and showering love on babies brings immense joy and excitement!
Before you begin on this route for shopping, there are some things you need to keep in mind. There is so much awareness about toys for toddlers and babies that brands keep this in mind when making their products. One such brand is ours: https://kindergardentoys.com/, do checkout our safe toys for babies. Once you feel that a toy has cleared this checklist, get it for your little puddle of cuddles.
- Start off by reading the label. Brands are required to put in all information about the toys in their labels. Check if the toy has any hazards and warnings mentioned. And maybe rethink your choice of toy.
- Check the quality of the toy. A baby’s hands and tiny legs are delicate. The toy shouldn’t be hard and strong as that would hurt the baby. At the same time, the toy shouldn’t be made of cheap plastic that could break and maybe, like a tiny maybe, choke your baby with its broken parts.
- You might have come across a toy that promises to be the best and the most knowledgeable for a baby. Just make sure you select a toy that matches the age range of the baby. With so many options, it is easy to get carried away.
- If you know what toys the baby already has, try to find something new and unique for the baby. This way you get to introduce something new that will challenge the baby’s mind and senses. Example: Dress-up games, props like newspapers and magazines, blocks, etc.
- A good toy must come with good colors and lighting. This will add to the creativity and growth of the child. Make sure the light and colors aren’t too bright else it will hinder the baby.
- It is best to keep things neutral and open ended for a baby. Toys must be picked with the intention of keeping them gender neutral. Try to pick colors that don’t imply the gender of the baby.
- Toys must be simple. That is because complex toys have many tiny parts within them. The baby is not just going to play with the toy, it will suck, lick, chew, and bite on it. And you definitely don’t want that toy to get into the system of the toddler.
- That cute squishy panda and tiny worm stuff toys look exceptional and part of you might want to buy it for yourself. Yes, but make sure you buy toys that the baby will enjoy and have fun with it. After all, the baby will decide what he/she wants to play with!
- One thing to avoid is toys that shoot or disperse things. These could injure your baby but also instill ideas of anger and throwing things here and there. This will also add to tiny tiny toys being spread out all around the house and play area. And if you aren’t able to find them later on, the baby is going to throw tantrums. So yeah!
- Choose among toys that create some kind of physical activity/movement for the child. This will keep the child active, even if that is in the slightest of ways.
That brings us to the end of the checklist, you could carry it with you or keep it on one of the tabs as you explore our website: https://kindergardentoys.com/!
I hope this blog was helpful and also that it didn’t panic you. I know that you will buy the best gift possible for this baby. But do buy them a toy for sure!